• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 939 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmitchellfly

I need a home for my 3200 Winchester. Dont want to spend much more than $100 - this is my #3 rig. Moderate OCing only.

Some left-over stuff that will populate the slots will be: XP-90/Panaflo 90mm , 9600 Pro, 2*512 Mushkin 3500 lvl 1, SilenX 400w PSU, Maxtor Ultra ATA133 120GB.

I was looking at the Soltek K8T Pro-939, Foxconn 755FXK8AA-8EKRS, Abit AV8 K8T800

Any Ideas/advice? Thanks.

The SiS chipset is not recommended often, but I saw a review where this chipset performend well had better features then the competition at the time of it's release but lacked ocing support, so you might want to check the foxconn board's manual for it's ocing options. But in my opinion, the best board listed is the Soltek one because it has the K8T800pro chipset which has pci/agp locks that the plain K8T800 lacks (by the way the SiS755FX chipset also has locks), the locks are good for every oc if you ask me, it doesn't matter if your going for the max oc or just moderate oc, to me it's a must in any system that will be oced.

My epox works fine. 9NDA3J for $102 shipped from newegg. Mine is prime stable at 9 x 280 - 1:1.

Back