• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios for softmodding 9800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I want to softmod my 9800pro to a XT. Yes ive read the sticky and only one of the links work (how cool). Could someone link me to the bios I would need or tell me. I found a web that has them but theres 3 different ones which were for different kinds of memory on the card and theyre all for 256mb while im running 128mb.

Ty. Im guessing since they dont have on listed for an ATI card I could just use the one that matches my memory?

that link also has the hynix ram bios as well. I'd suggest going with the gecube bios if if you have r360 core and hynix ram. Otherwise you might want to use a hacked bios if you're running an older r350 core. Make sure you use a bios with the same memory on your card.

Hi,
From what I can tell it is best to use the xt bios that is the same as your pro video card manufacture example: if you have a Hitech Information Systems pro card then use the HIS XT bios, ATI pro card use the ATI XT bios and so on. (memory type of bios must match mem type on card) I flashed mine with everything out there and until I used this method I had some kind of problem with all of them. Here is the link where I found the one im using.
Good Luck!

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

Thanks for the help. I flashed it last night and all went well.

Back