• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help,Torn between CoolerMaster Aquagate and a proper water cooled setup,..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jayjames

Registered
Hi , i have a zalman reserator at the moment but would like some thing a little easier to move around(LAN party every other week), i`m quite pleased with the performance of the reserator and was thinking of getting the CoolerMaster Aquagate for ease of installation, because these kits look quite complex.....or is it worth the extra work and are there any kits that are really good or is it better to buy the bits individually..

many thanks

jason

From what I have read, teh Aquagate is for entry level WCers, and it gives entry level performance. It barely cools better than decent air cooling. If I were you, I'd plan a home brew.

If the reserator has worked fine for ya any decient kit should suffiice I am guessing,Look at Swiftech there kit is decient/

Gonna have to say go with a homemade setup.

Depending on your case, it could be cheaper aswell.

i like the look ot that corsair hydrocool, but could i change the block on it, the one i saw had a boring one..i want it to look good.
also...is there a way to get a homebuilt kit to look tidy, they all seem to look a bit jumbled, My rig looks bad enought now!!

just roughly by how much would a diy built setup beat the hydrocool in terms of temps?!!

thx

don't you already have most parts anyhow?

like, wouldn't you only need a pump and a radiator? since those are in that big reserator.

gl4ss said:
don't you already have most parts anyhow?

like, wouldn't you only need a pump and a radiator? since those are in that big reserator.

I`m selling the reserator as a unit so i dont want to split it up! tho i do like the cpu block on it, i might try and get one seperatley ,can i put any block on the corsair hydrocool?

Last edited:
Back