• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues OCing this Celly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

hey guys, i would like to get more then a 150mhz oc with this celly

its a tualitin, on a Asus TUSL2-C board

i can push it, but it will corrupt my XP install, wich sucks mega

right now its set at 115*10

my ram is PC133

any ideas where to start?

BTW my cooling right now is Thermaltake Volcano 11+

The harddrive is getting corrupt data and trashing Windows because the PCI bus is running too far out of spec above 115 FSB. The only thing to do is hope that 133 FSB will work, so the PCI will drop back into spec with the 1/4 divider. If your Celeron is a Tualatin, then it should handle 133 FSB. Might need a bump in vcore.

All of the 1.0A Celerons that I have seen will run at 133fsb, then you can start OCing from there. With this motherboard you could see 150fsb but I've found the sweetspot to be around 142-144fsb. Any higher and the 3D scores start to drop off.

then it has to be the Ram, becuase the CPU and Mobo are near perfect condition, so i will need to get some good PC133 or something. I wasnt sure what to do and why i was losing my XP install, thanks guys

shard said:
then it has to be the Ram, becuase the CPU and Mobo are near perfect condition, so i will need to get some good PC133 or something. I wasnt sure what to do and why i was losing my XP install, thanks guys

No... it's not the ram. The standard 1/3 divider, which will put the PCI bus in spec at 33 MHz with the FSB at 100 Mhz, is now running at 38.3MHz with the FSB running at 115MHz. Set the FSB straight to 133MHz and let the 1/4 divider kick in. It might need a bump in Vcore, as batboy said; but it should run there OK. If you wish, you can try kicking it up a few notches from there.

The 1.0A I am typing this on right now is running at 133MHz FSB. I've gotten it to above 150 MHz, but it needed quite a bit of Vcore to run so I dropped it back to a speed that is stable for every day use.

Have you tried raising the vcore. If I remember correctly the 1.0A vcore is 1.475V. Try 1.50V, then 1.55V. You can go up to 1.65V safely as long as your temps don't get too high.

Back