• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual display question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pineabs

i have 2 lcds set up, but i want to play warcraft3 on 1 n watch a movie on the other. but the problem is when i have both running, the movie has sound but no video. anyone know how to fix it? i can make WC3 into a window app, but then the mouse scoll won't work anymore in the game. so can anyone help me?

Problem is that the video is being pushed straight through the hardware instead of through the CPU, so the video card is choosing to render your game instead of playing the video.

You'd either have to disable hardware acceleration for the video, the game, or get a second video card. You're busy enough micro-managing and babysitting your WarCraft 3 characters anyway, I wouldn't suggest watching a movie at the same time.

You could do what I do. Position your computer so that the television is easily viewable from there. :)

Lummoxx said:
You could do what I do. Position your computer so that the television is easily viewable from there. :)

thats wot i do as i dont have a second proper monitor (my other is an old 15" lol)..

anyways, iam afraid u wont be able to run video + playing wc3 in the same time :(

i got it to work, as long as i play w3 in windows mode. yeah but the loading time is so long for the cunstom maps and i have nothing better to do while waiting for the next lvl of tower defense :).

Back