• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just purchased AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12. Some questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ripper1

Registered
Well, just as the titel says, I purchased one of these pumps after reading about it's performance and it's noise level. I had a broken Hydor L30 but I am going to toss it to replace with this pump. I do have some questions as the title of the thread says. First, how do you all leak test? You need a PSU plugged in so you just take extra caution with the PSU, that's what I plan to do but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions just to be safe. Secondly, does this come with the neoprene pad for the bottom or do I have to go out and purchase one to control vibration? Lastly, since this is DC, I can cut the wires and plug it into my rheobus? Would that mean that I can control the performance and noise of my pump? Ok thanks a lot for your help.

It should come with the neoprene pre-attached to the pump base, although abother layer of neoprene does help cut the vibration of these specific pumps :)

To leak test, and start bleeding your water circuit, you can start up your PSU without a motherboard, or anything else except for your pump plugged into the PSU, by shorting the green wire on the header-block, to any black ground wire on the header block.

Your Rheobus may well work, although the pump will quite likely have too high an Ampage draw for the Rheo to handle.

On 12V, these are nice and quiet pumps anyhow - you will be happy with it.
:)

felinusz said:
It should come with the neoprene pre-attached to the pump base, although abother layer of neoprene does help cut the vibration of these specific pumps :)
Do you know where I might get another layer of neoprene? Would any hardware store have it if I just asked for some neoprene?
felinusz said:
To leak test, and start bleeding your water circuit, you can start up your PSU without a motherboard, or anything else except for your pump plugged into the PSU, by shorting the green wire on the header-block, to any black ground wire on the header block.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by shorting the green wire to the header-block. Can you explain this a bit more?
felinusz said:
Your Rheobus may well work, although the pump will quite likely have too high an Ampage draw for the Rheo to handle.
Do you know how much Ampage this pump draws? I can check my rheobus's manual and find out.

Thanks! :)

it only draws 9w if my memory serves me right

and its completely useless to put it on a rheobus, as it is already a very quiet pump, and if you undervolt it, it'll just hinder the pumps performance

just plug it into the PSU and be done with it

and to "jump" the PSU, you take a peice of scrap wire (ends stripped), and put one end in a part of the 20/24 pin molex with a black wire (hot), and then the other end into a part with a green wire (ground)- this turns the PSU on, leave the wire in there as long as you need the PSU to be on

Well the issue is about wire hiding as my case's wires are very very tidy. Plugging it into the rheo makes it easier to hide wires. I could always plug it into the rheo and never change the current flowing through it.

as i dont have a Z50 but i just happen to be working on a design that will use it , i have a quick question.

can the output barb be rotated 90 degrees if you undo the 4 screws on top?

i dont see why not but i havent got one yet but from the schematics it appears you can so im just verifying

worst thing you can do is try, never seen anyone try that before, but it sounds like a pretty good deal, and it might just work too :thup:

and i suppose you could cut off the molex & replace it with a 3-pin connector if you really wanted to

i just put all of my wires behind the mobo tray and ran a few molexes back there too to power everything

thorilan said:
as i dont have a Z50 but i just happen to be working on a design that will use it , i have a quick question.

can the output barb be rotated 90 degrees if you undo the 4 screws on top?

i dont see why not but i havent got one yet but from the schematics it appears you can so im just verifying

yes, this works just fine.

And the rheobus is a bit tricky, the pump only goes to about 10v so what you really end up with is on or off.......

Back