• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge Borg in Clay, WV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
hey ya'll! Was just over at King_Warg's today. He has an IMPRESSIVE layout. He's still working on getting it all together, but so far, he has over 14 machines folding in his basement, and a MINIMUM of 12 more he can get folding.

As soon as this hectic week gets over with (i'm gettin' married on saturday! :beer: ), i'll be helpin' him with the borg. Sure, it puts it under his name instead of mine, but hey... its all for Team32, and for the great good of all!

Keep a watch on us both! He and I are shooting straight up through the ranks by leaps and bounds! (Less than a 7 days for me, 5 for him) and we have both shot up by nearly 3,000 spots on the team alone!!!!! :bday: :bday: :beer: :beer:

WOOT!!!!

We are going to try and Borg the local highschool (over 200 compys there... over 2 terahertz of folding power awaits!!!)

LIVE LONG, AND BORG ON!!!!

lol.. i'm here because its 1:40 in the morning, my fiancee is sleeping in my bed.... AND I'M NOT TIRED ENOUGH TO GO TO BED AND JOIN HER!!!! LOL. But seriously.... i enjoy the forums and all.... and hey... if King_Warg and I can borg the highschool.... (all the PC's there are at leas 1.5Ghz and 512Mbs of Ram!).... especially if there are a lot of Hyperthread enable PC's there.... LOL.... we are lookin' at over 2Terahertz of Folding!

LOL. She gives me fits over the Folding..... and she doesn't know how much time i spend on the forums (easily 8 hours a day.. even at work! my job is THAT easy!). as for the wife... eh... she gets her 2 or 3 hours a day.. LOL.

9mmCensor said:
Remember your priorities.

Folding.
Forums.
Wife.

ummmm.... yeah, thats right.

Is wife really number 3 in priorities..............I thought wife was after beer? :beer:

just confirmed with my bro (who was there less than a year ago).... there is at least 1 lab with dually xeon 3.0 ghz's!!! (that's 25 machines!!!), and most of the rest of the school is a minimum of 2ghz!

i'm lookin' at closer to 3 or 4TERRAHERTZ!!!!! WOOT!!! (plus, since my bro and King_Warg are in good with the school system IT guy, we might be able to get him to help us Borg the ENTIRE county!!!! That puts it up close to 10 Terrahertz!)

I'd love to see you bring it, but all too often I hear people sing it. ;)

The PC's being there is one thing, but the hard part is getting them to run folding.

I don't see the entire county happening, but props if you're able to do it....... I'd say that your plan to borg the school might work though, as long as they don't monitor the power bill too closely. It would be an immense help to the team if you were able to pull that off though. :D

I.M.O.G. said:
I'd love to see you bring it, but all too often I hear people sing it. ;)

I've been whistling that training room tune for some time now, and the good news is that just today I got the OK to borg the remaining machines in there! The bad news is that they're taking 5 away, so that'll only leave 15 total in the training room... so I'll be adding those remaining 5 machines to my collective at the close of business today. Oh well, only getting 3/4ths of the original 20 machines is certainly better than none at all :p

hmm... i'm not so sure on the folding the highschool thing, i may be able to convince haynes to go through with that, if not i will give a copy of the folding program to some of the teachers in the science / health department and get them to fold their classroom machines. the principal has been a little paranoid about computers since the little hacker incident -_- and to think that could have all been avoided if they would hire me as one of the IT administrators...thats what cantrell gets for installing synchroneyes on every computer in the building and not disallowing the student account to download and run the demo installer...

if i can find a few 1.x GHz system boards i can get plenty of power, perhaps we can dual up power supplies, and if we wanted to go all out we could make like a mainboard rack with a tower full of dozens of boards...make a replica of the ENIAC case and stick a couple dozen boards in there :)

Yeah, i know man.... that guy was STUPID for hackin' the system over there. Probably the only ones we'll get are my Mrs. Shephard (she's my cousin, after all), Cantrell, The science/TOC labs..... and maybe an english lab.

IMO anymore then what we have will be helpfully so maybe you guy's will get lucky' and a few teacher's will let you borg there computer's.

i can almost guaruntee at least 30PC's.... one of my cousins is a Business Studies teacher there.... i know i can 'sweet talk' her into letting me borg the machines.

Back