• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

router issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the adam

ok i have had my router for 2 years now and i have had this problem off and on. My problem is that whenever I try to enable WEP for my wireless connection it works but then a few days later the whole network goes down. But I fix the whole problem by pulling the power and then plugging it back in. So is there any reason why its doing this or am I stuck with have to go down every few days and unplug the router and plug it back in?

the adam said:
ok i have had my router for 2 years now and i have had this problem off and on. My problem is that whenever I try to enable WEP for my wireless connection it works but then a few days later the whole network goes down. But I fix the whole problem by pulling the power and then plugging it back in. So is there any reason why its doing this or am I stuck with have to go down every few days and unplug the router and plug it back in?
Are you running between hard wire and wireless from time to time?

Try doing wpa for wireless security and see what happens. Also some router I don't know if all, allow updating firmware.

Ya I thought I had the most recent fireware but I just checked and there is a new one out so i will see if that fixes the issue. Also the router has 2 hard-wired comps connected to it and 4 wireless comps connected to it.

I have been having to do this since I started running wireless. (Resetting the box by unplugging it.) Could never figure it out till I was reading another forum thread on Linksys firmware yesterday. Seems I was running a known defective upgrade firmware. After upgrading to the latest, problem solved for now.

Back