• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Has anyone played this game??

I know I couldn't wait and got it from Europe, its getting released in the states today. Was wondering if anyone tried the demo out or anything and what they thought of it.

I know playing it (addicted hehe) the game is definatly the bomb. If you like Homeworld 2, this is a little more indepth. Its a pure strategy game on this one. No gathering recources or anything like that.

Also looks like some excellent mods are coming out for it too. Some people are working on typical ones (Star Trek) and such but there is a few uniqe ones that is under development too.

Currently about half way through the game maybe a little more on easy, and some times gotta say it can be a good challenge. I recommend this game for anyone that likes a good space strategy game.

I've never heard about this game before. Any linkies to a good review or movie so I can see for myself? I likepure strategy games, and I wanna give this a test drive.

if you have heard of imperium galactica 3 / galaxy andromeda (IG3 had a gfx demo released for the Parhelia a while ago) then this is simply those renamed.

I had the mp demo of this - was hard to find games on but was quite a bit of fun when you did, I think it may be a bit of a haegemonia though - nice to play for a short while but will get boring quickly

There is a single player demo out on 3dgamers.com its was put out sometime last week if not it was the week before.

There website is www.nexusthegame.com

It was IG3 orginally as stated, then switched to this name as its going to start a new series if I'm not mistaken. I never tried the original IG series (at least I don't think I did) but this game a cross between Homeworld 2 and Freelancer (as others have stated in the fourms there).

I havn't found any reviews on the game but I give it a 8.9/10. Only thing is anoying is the slight glitch between switching different combat modes, not all weapons will stay locked on a ship if you try moving the ship, and you can't select somewhere in space and move. Otherwise the mission breifings are great (voice acting with some cut scenes here and there), and before entering missions you get to select ship loadouts (as much as possible that is with the resources you have).

I'm sure reviews will be coming out soon on it though.

Edit: Graphics wise (on system below) everything is cranked at 1280x1024 and it runs between 80-150FPS. But also I have lowered the core on my GPU to 500/500, 475/500, 450/475 with no affect on FPS. But definatly dropped temperature. Most games can't break 60C on the card, this hits just over 70C on stock cooler (much like Doom 3). It really uses the card quiet a bit.

Back