• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feel my pain, or laugh, .....whichever.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZX12Rguy

Registered
I just wanted to share my problem with someone who could laugh at me or throw me some pity. :)

I recently was at 230Mhz FSB and fairly stable, but, not enough. 225 Gave me all around stability at 2.48Ghz
My sig is gone, so, I'll just briefly mention the system:
2600M, 2x512 Corsair XMS LL PT @ 11,2,2,2.5, Sapphire 9800Pro Ultra, big Thermal take case with 6 or 7 fans, big GlobalWin HSF, NF-7 board (no S), Antec 480 Truepower.

So, a few weeks ago after reading for days and days, I realize that I needed the L12 mod, I really had to do it. So, I got off my lazy *** and did it and it seemed to go well.
I benchmarked the heck out of it and was pretty damned happy but I had heard that I'd need more vdimm eventualy which you guys have confirmed.

So I'm reading about the latest BIOS and e v e r y o n e ' s having success with various bios'. Everyone but me.

So, I start searching and downloading like crazy, I've got me a list to try and benchmarks to run, etc.

I go through about 5 of them and oddly, I think my tests are declining ever so slightly with each one!!

I decide to try one more for the night, If I remember correctly, it was something like de18ts2. (at least I had read that I would probably be better off with CPC off and some '2' designation for my double sided memory.

Well, for all of those BIOS loads, I was using the Abit Flash program. (go ahead, let me have it....)
Unfortunately, it didn't come back after that last one. :( Now I'm kinda wondering if it's even an NF-7 bios that I loaded!

Anyway, I've cleared cmos, left battery out, flipped power switch, let it sit overnight with no power or battery, etc. No luck. :( :(
I happen to have a spare bios chip!! Too bad it's bad and I never tried to re-flash it. I suk.

I'm going to hop on over to eXcaliber PC and see if I can order one up......

Doesn't look like I'll be gaming Friday/Saturday night....

BA

Last edited:
Excaliber is closed as far as I know. The same thing almost happened to me, trying to get higher fsb with different bioses and none was helping, so I decide to try one last one and it wouldn't let me boot but it was posting so I flashed it back to the original bios and all was good again, but I was like o crap and since then I haven't used flash menu again, but since one nf7 died on me I have a spare bios chip just in case.

Back