• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakeboardin_411

i waited around for intel to release there 64 bit processor while reading reviews on it. I got the idea it suks so i decided to read up on AMD's newest processor and when i read reviews on it the test say intel is better.
So is intel writing reviews for AMD and AMD is doing the same.
Which one is better really

Oh boy...here we go again. :p

Better for what? If it's gaming that's an easy win for AMD. It gets complicated if your primary use will be other than gaming, then the new 600 series preshotts. and AMD winchesters are pretty even. Both processors have strengths and weaknesses. The Intel has the kewl hyperthreading and the AMD has the super fast low latency memory controllers. Figure out what you're going to be using it for and how much you have to spend on a system then build yourself a theoretical system around the best processor AMD & Intel you can afford then buy whichever fits your budget & needs best. They're really pretty even for most tasks.

didn't mean for it to turn into a fanboy thing. Think i'll wait for 4 months by then we'll see the milk from the curds. i dunno why intel hasn't pushed more for onboard graphics card. With 64 bit the processor can address more ram and with ddr2(graphics cards now days use GDDR3)u'd think they'd have enough bandwidth. There are the downside(duh)but i figered that they weren't as much there with 64 bit.

Wakeboardin_411 said:
didn't mean for it to turn into a fanboy thing. Think i'll wait for 4 months by then we'll see the milk from the curds.

Good idea. Maybe dual cores will be good. Maybe Dothan will. Maybe AMD comes up with some nice surprises..you never know :)

Back