• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

optimizing memory clock with lower latency...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FSBxtreme

Hi,

I'm looking for the FSB that would perform equal or better than my current setting at 250Mhz 1:1 2.5-3-3-7 1T. At this setting, it requires 3.10V thru the ram. So I may lower that if I run less clock at tighter latency and performs equal ly at 250mhz. Do you think it's possible?

Thanks.

could be .. but the only true way is to run test ...

have you tried going higher and loosening timings ? you may be able to hit real high fsb's and even though your timiongs arent the same (as low) it will perform better ..

test it with sandra 2005 ..

I'm willing to go higher. But it seems to perform quite well at 2.5-3-3-7. Should I adjust the tRCD and tRP up: 2.5-4-4-8? It's on NF2 and I don't think it will like CAS 3.

What do you think?

yeah give it a shot .. cas 3 will work ok in that board .. well at least it did for mine ..

i doubt you wanna do this too but, try it out and see what you come up with and then get the merlins D27 taipan and try that one ..cpc on of course ...

trust me .. you 'll see !! hehehehehe

no seriousl though .. i cant imagine you getting real higher on that board .. those are good timings and speeds for the socket A ..

just start playing around with it ..

ease the voltage up slowly then run test.Thats what i did.I run 3.85v on mine all timings are at 2,and fsb is 227,in agressive mode..

Back