• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still rockin' and rollin' with a 4 billion point milestone.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Let's start by congratulating Farwalker earning 4 billion points. WOOT! Happy to see it.

Reporting on EOC's site has been a bit screwie. Probably a F@H issue but regardless, we have 0 points then double points then 0 points and so forth. Trend lines get messed up but it all works out in the end. We are trending slightly down at the moment. Yesterday we were trending down more but again, it will all even out. Just hard to make predictions with the current data set. This, of course, assumes that I was making good predictions as it is.

Looking at the teams ahead of us in the top 10, we are still showing strong. It's easy to look at teams from LinusTechTips and banano.cc and think that we are not doing well and in a sense, that would be wrong. We have 38 active members. A small number even by our standards. LTT has nearly 1500. banano.cc has nearly 10k. Even Curecoin has nearly 500 active users. So they are killing us with shear numbers. But we are making headway against EVGA, NVIDIA and Hardware.no. Good solid teams that we are making gains upon. EPFL is still gaining on us and will currently pass us in about 3 months depending on future production which we've talked about before. We'll see.

HayesK_ALL is #32 in the world.
WhitehawkEQ is 36.
torin3 is 75.
dfonda is 87.
Holdolin is 92.

HayesK_GRC will be in the top 100 soon and is currently at 111.

As noted earlier, we are currently fielding 38 active folders. I know that summer is not a great time to add more folding but if we can get individuals folding with a single GPU it would help. Our average ppd per active folder is up to 13.12 million ppd. I'd be happy to see that drop down if it meant we had more folders. Earning a million ppd would be great but less is welcome too. Please don't think that you have to be a power house to fold with us. We are the power house. Join us.

So let's look at team stats slightly different today.
Top 38 (all of us) are earning 5k ppd or more. We appreciate that you are working with us.
Top 34 are eanting 10k ppd or more.
Top 31 are eanring 100k ppd or more.
Top 21 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 10 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 120 million ppd or more.
Top 1 are earning 130 million ppd or more.

Personal milestones are always good to see.
Farwalker has earned 4 billion. WOOT!
Tom_Ozahoski has earned 400 million.

I've been working on GPU folding only. with guidance from HayesK. In the interest of keeping temps down in my office area and house in general, I've stopped all CPU folding for now. Looking to see what my ppd will average out to and then I will add various levels of CPU folding. For example, I've always just run one thread per GPU as this is the default setting for F@H. If you have 8 threads and 1 GPU, 7 threads will fold and 1 is set aside for the GPU. HayesK has prescribed one *core* per GPU and one core for the OS. He has found that this balances the need of the GPUs and gets the most points. I want to see for myself and I want to reduce energy for the summer so.... take your pick, I'm doing this for that.

If you've shut machines down for the summer, make plans to clean them up. Clear dust from the fans and fins, re-route cables for better air flow, upgrade parts as needed, whatever needs to be done for the fall let's schedule it and get it done.

Thanks for the mention.

I'm one of the original folders here. I've been folding on and off since the beginning. I still have the 8800gt that was donated to me from the forums for the cause when that was still a thing.

I'm currently earning most of my points folding on an old 1060 3GB.

Fold on!

Back