• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVC is so bad!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

i placed my order 5 days ago, now they email me that they are out of stock and they havent' shipped my order yet when my CPU and mobo is comming home by tomorrow and i'll need the heatsink and stuff by then, ****ed me off, i canceled the whole order worth of 90 bucks and placed it over at jab-tec that didn't charge me tax :)

Same thing happened with me last week dealing with xoxide, but I ordered a case. I ordered the case and waited and waited, until I finally called and they still hadn't shipped it, so I canceled. I would have been ok if they would have emailed me telling me what the hold up was, but they didn't, so they will NO longer get MY business. Simple as that.

Good to hear you got another deal worked out.

i just don't understands these vendors, i usually order from SVC since i've ordered from them a couple of time, i can live with the tax and the under par delivery time, but this is getting out of hand, placed an order and 5 days after they tell me that they are OOS :( and they simply sent me an email saying that i either drop the items or find a different one, well that was my main item, the rest like artic silver and stuff is just added in to save me some shipping money lol. oh well, i actually saved a little more getting stuff from jab-tech, 1st time ordering there, hope it's not as bad.

I've ordered A couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from SVC over the last two years. I have had only a few such problems but have saved a bunch, first of all I pay no tax so that helps. On one occasion there were items missing from the order, but only amounted to a couple of bucks so I let it ride. Another time I got the wrong color of case lights than I had ordered. Items out stock on two occasions. Their latest bonk seems to be the failure to send a conformation email. Stuff just shows up in a few days. Their selection is not all that large but often have the best price on common stuff. I'll keep using them.

I placed an order in september with them. Took a month from order to shipping and I only received half my items. They kept removing items and not contacting me. I even left a note when I ordered "If items arnt in stock just remove and ship". I email several times with no responce. When I emailed the managers with a strongly worded email they appologized for the screw up and shipped the order the next day.

I might order with them again but only if I have to.

JT

I have dealt with enough from them, including wrong parts, missing parts, Out of stocks, and the like. I have moved on to bigger and better things.

yeah a few years ago they were very solid but I think they are slipping a little. I hope they don't burn too many bridges as their prices are low.

I ordered 5 CCFL 80mm fans and 2 70mm deltas yesterday and they shipped today. I guess i'll see how it goes.

xoxide is crap but svc is amazing

if you have any problem, just call, svc will take care of you.

xoxide on the otherhand never answers their phone, and if they do, they are no help.

ive been boycotting them for over a year

I place order few hours ago, I wonder if they ship it since they are out of stock on parts that I placed order for.

Edit:
Just got email from svc that my stuff was shipped, no bad, shipped withing one day. I hope they get my fans right since I order few different ones

Last edited:
Ordered 4 120 fans from svc and it shipped fine. Had one small problem, all of the fans were to be the 120cfm model and two were while two were 80 cfm. Seems they got an order for for 120cfm fans wrong. How hard is that? I'll go with someone there placed the 80cfm fans in the wrong box and leave it at that. Would I order again, probably but not on anything costly.

Forgot to post it, but i got my stuff on Thursday. 5 CCFL fans and 2 70mm deltas. Everything works %100. I'm very impressed with the speedy delivery and the quality of the products.

el said:
yeah a few years ago they were very solid but I think they are slipping a little. I hope they don't burn too many bridges as their prices are low.
It hasn't changed a bit. It has always taken luck for your order to get fulfilled quickly and accurately via SVC. They are amateurs, simple as that. They do seem sincere in taking responsibility for their mistakes, but the mistakes are so numerous you stop caring at some point. It was on the first (and last) order for me.

Yeah, I just tried ordering an Silence for my 6800GT and I get an e-mail saying that it's out of stock... So I e-mailed them back telling them just to cancel my order... I wonder how long it will take them to refund my money...

Back