• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor x850xt PE Problem? or something else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rik0chet

Registered
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I recently got a new pc with a VGA card from Powercolor.
I am having terible errors when in game on Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source and Americas Army and sometimes even windows. I can play for a little while before the game freezes and i get random static/white noise in my headphones. I can Alt TAB out of the game (the noise keeps going) only to find a small message in a grey box saying something like:

Your VGA is no longer recieving data. Now switched to Software Rendering. Please restart your pc immediately.

I am wondering if any of you out there can help me fix such a problem. Im not sure if its overheating or if theres an incompatibility. Maybe a look at my specs will give an answer.

My system is as follows:

AMD Athalon 64 3500+ (939 Chipset)
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI (Nforce 4)
2x 512 Kingston Ram (DDR 400)
Powercolor Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS (i use 5.1 headphones)
Western Digital Caviar 120Gb SATA HD
Xconnect 500W Power Supply

Please Email Me If Possible On [email protected]

Thanks again...
Riko

Wow, that really sucks that you spent all that money, and you have those problems...It sounds to me like you just need some new drivers or something.

:welcome: to the forums!!!

As for that error it could be a number of things. My guess is that either your RAM or PSU is the cause of the error.

Is everything connected up properly? Is the molex on your videocard inserted? How do your PSU rails look?

yeah everythings connected propperly and set up right wiht latest drivers. I have another thread set up in ATI if you guys wanna look there! ESPECIALY Sentential! That has WAY more Det's

Back