• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying new pump which one ? (Help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-aDaM^

Disabled
Ok my Eheim 1250 has been leaking, So I'm going to buy a new pump and Iam not sure which one to get :(

My System:

G4 Strom ~ Maze4 GPU ~ BIX-2

Pump Choices:

C-System CSP 750 Mark II
Swiftech MCP650
Swiftech MCP350
Swiftech MCP600

Which one ?

l3ored said:
I'm curious as to where its leaking from.

I think I cracked the housing or something , I don't know my own strength.
Thanks for all the help guys I think i'll go with the 650.

I hear the 650 has a little whine to it that can become a bit irritating so thats why I am going to go wit the 600. I hear they perform about the same so why not.

inkfx said:
I hear the 650 has a little whine to it that can become a bit irritating so thats why I am going to go wit the 600. I hear they perform about the same so why not.

prolly cause by trapped air, got mine running strong without any problem(CPU/CHIPSET/VC)650 i would say

Last edited:
do a search on google and write "noisy MCP650" and read what people had to say about that pump.

go with MCP600 why, well cause it has somewhat more head than MCP650, and it puts out less heat into the loop, plus MCP650 is just too damn noisy (people who run their 120mm fans at 12 volts might not find it too noisy but people who like to run their fans at 5 volts or less will find themselves tearing their hair out because of that pump's noise)

MCP650 - very good flowrate, plus good pressure as well - you'll want that for the G5

either that or the MCP600 - aka Aquaextreme50z from cooltechnica.com

The 650 appears to be the exact same pump as the DangerDen D4, which is actually manufactured by Laing Thermotech. I have the D4 and I'm in the process of leak-testing my water rig, having just set-it up. The only things running right now are the PSU and the pump. The case is open. There was a pretty obnoxious whine from the pump for the first 20-30 minutes of initial running, but it gradually faded to about the noise level of a hard drive after that. Been running for about six hours now and is not particularly noticeable unless you're within a couple of feet of the box and trying to hear it.

FWIW

Edit: I believe the primary cause of the whine was air in the system. The water had entrapped tiny bubbles (looked like carbonated water) during the time the whine was the most noticeable.

Last edited:
Back