• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade from x600 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smekta3

Currently i have the x600 pro PCI-e, which i run at 500/360, but the 4 pipes are just not enough. I am a casual gamer, and I do some video editing some times, and the x600 is lagging. I have a budget of around $200, and I am willing to buy used or on ebay. I searched the forums around and found that i can get the 6600GT, X700, or the cheap version of the 6800 and x800. Im really not sure which is the best choice, but Im really looking forward to some of the games coming out, and would like to play them on High settings, like Battlefield 2 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. thanks

The 6600GT is the only good card @ the 200 range ATM. You could possibly score a x800XL for just under $300 if you are interested. However I think thats out of your price range

I have a few questions about the cards, Is there a lot of difference between having 256mb and 128mb, or does it not come into play that often? I was looking at x800 SE which is seliing realtively cheap, is this card as bad as the 9800SE? I have also looked at x700pro and did not see that much of a difference between 6600GT besides the core/memory which i can OC, if anybody has this card how good is it? Thanks

sean478 said:
like wat got some linkys cause i was gonna get one of thoes 1.6ns pros and try a xt flash or at least oc it to 1150 mem core?
Its no secret that the ATI cards dont overclock on the RAM very well. Plus with the 6600GT you have the option of running in SLI mode. AFAIK the 6600GT is cheaper than the x700PRO. I would still rather get a GT

Back