• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RIP Panaflos x 2 ARGH!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somegeek

This is what happens when the modder neglects to install grills and accidentally picks up a case without paying attention to the fans w/o grills that the dumb *** neglected to install... :bang head

panaflo_minus_one.jpg

Pretty frustrating... this is the second one I've done this to in the last two months. This fan is kaput - after a few days it starts making noise since it's off balance - this happened to the last one. Can really put a deep gouge in your finger which I've learned for the second time.

</whining>

Grills installed now.

Not so bad though since my my case is running one fan short and the CPU temp is the same with the ambient being just 1 degree higher.

Time to order some more fans...

somegeek

yeah it sucks, my 92 mm panaflo died by touching the carpet while on, those blades are so freaking brittle.
it sucks.
i feel for you bro :(

~Magick_Man~

Ive broke plenty of fans on my fingers.. Dont ask me how I keep doing it, its just the complusive feeling to touch the heatsink blindly. I remember one time my panaflo m1a blade when right under my nail left a deep cut hurt for days :bang head

Look on the bright side...atleast its not like alot of deltas which use STEEL blades. What's worse? A $8 fan or a $8000 hospital bill :-/

OUCH

I have to second Sens statment. I don't use delta's anymore, one tends to develope a phobia of them after getting a taste of those steel blades.....

yeah, I did that to my zalman 92mm that I had on my HS. Luckily it was just a Zalman. I broke 2 blade but didn't even scratch my finger. I also learn the hard way the every fan deserves atleast a wire grill .... and a filter .....and just a little bit of love;)

dicecca112 said:
well all I have to say is the 120MM panaflos will take your finger off. Those blades are not brittle.
They are not brittle, but my fingers can stop them (only happened once, free air testing and dropped one on my finger, Ph34r /\/\y Ph1ng3rz). The fans I would worry about are the huge metal Comair Rotron fans. Never really got into my tornado before decomissioning it, but there were a couple times when I was going to feel my mosfets...

If your temps havent increased since you're one fan short, why do you want to get more fans? Won't it just be more noise? :shrug:

man, i got like 4 (REALLY SMALL) cuts right down my finger when i was checking my NB sink... i wanted to see how hot it was, and i ended up hitting the zalman7000-cu's stock fan... now, i have the panaflo 92mm, 56.8CFM model on there... once, i was changing the speed of the fan (i still use zalmans included rheo), and my finger touched the fan... but not a fan blade, the center... it started draggin, and i pulled my finger away instantly... i got scared to death... the suction was pulling my finger in lmao

crash013 said:
If your temps havent increased since you're one fan short, why do you want to get more fans? Won't it just be more noise? :shrug:

Ambient is up by 2 degrees now that I've pushed from 3.37 up to 3.45... I'll prolly wait to see if I need to add one back in.

somegeek said:
Ambient is up by 2 degrees now that I've pushed from 3.37 up to 3.45... I'll prolly wait to see if I need to add one back in.

Thats not too much of an increase in heat. I'd rather have a quieter system.

Back