• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases with 120mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

Now that I realize my case might be causing me problems, I'm starting to consider getting a new one. Does a case exist (without needing mods) that takes at least 1 120mm fan in front, a 120mm in rear, and a 120mm side fan? Doesn't seem like it's too much to ask for, but I don't recall ever seeing a case with all 3. that would eliminate the need for 2 80mm intakes up front, and 2 80mm exhausts in rear.

I cant remember seeing any myself - usually it requires modding or ducting :(

aerocool silver (aeroengine) 120mm front, 92mm rear, 80mm side. Thats the best i can find!

however I do prefer two rear 80's than one 120.

Camacho111 said:
aerocool silver (aeroengine) 120mm front, 92mm rear, 80mm side. Thats the best i can find!

however I do prefer two rear 80's than one 120.

Why is that? i've always wanted 1 X 120 mm in the back for noise purposes, and most expensive case have 120 X 1 in the back instead of 2 X 80

The Antec SLK3700AMB also has the front and back 120mm fans..... you'll have to mod the side if you want one there too.

i prefer the antec's 3700 over the lanboys because the hard drive cage on the lanboys looks to block airflow.

how about coolmaster stacker? doesnt it fit 120mm in side, think its either 80 or 92mm though, but you can have up to 3 120mm fan on the front and 1 120mm on the back + 2x80mm?

just an idea

Richard

The side fan is not commonly encountered because it is a bandaid. If the case is designed correctly, a single 120mm in the rear is adequate. The best situation is to have two 120s in the back, but this is of course very rare. A fan in the lower front doesn't accomplish a whole lot, but isn't a bad idea if the design places the hard drives right behind it. Fans in the side or top pannel are just bandaids, and should not be needed if all other factors are expertly managed.

My vote is the Antec Super LanBoy (check sig) or that new Li Lian V1000 case (if not mistaken those where 120mm's.

larva said:
If the case is designed correctly, a single 120mm in the rear is adequate. The best situation is to have two 120s in the back, but this is of course very rare. A fan in the lower front doesn't accomplish a whole lot, but isn't a bad idea if the design places the hard drives right behind it. Fans in the side or top pannel are just bandaids, and should not be needed if all other factors are expertly managed.
I never thought about it like that, but your right. Some of these people that have 3 or 4 side fans might as well just run their case open.

Silverstone Temjin 6 has a 120mm intake (front) and 120mm exhaust (rear) fan. Not sure why you want one on the side, but I don't think it would be necessary.

The Antec SLK3700AMB has 2x120mm fan mounts one in the front and one in the rear. The one in the front has a filter and cools the harddrives and the one in the rear is near the CPU. Cools very well for size and money.

Back