• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a case with good air flow with no modding!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

I am currently using the Aspire X-Navigator case. I am planning on fully upgrading my air cooling (xp-120, NV5, etc.) I feel I might find a case with great air flow more useful. Size and prize does not matter, but I do not want to mod it. Any suggestions?

Try an Aerocool Spiral Galaxies. It should have what you're looking for, decent airflow, what with a pair of 120mm fans and windtunnel, it would have to. The only catch is that the mobo mounts to the opposite side of what's usual and upside down. This might mean that your psu might not reach the board. Aside from that, I doubt there would be too many problems.

Last edited:
I have an Antec PlusView1000AMG and with the door closed, it runs cooler than with the door off. Has pretty good air flow IMO.

ugh lian li v1000.

mount everything btx style.

or the cooler master stacker. nothing like 4 FRONT! 120mm fans!

Antec Super LanBoy

A smaller case that can be used for transportation. Very decent airflow IMO check sig below. Only thing I did for modding was cutting out the grills on the case. Other then that its a pure stock case, oh ya also notched the front door so I can take it off ;)

Otherwise I like the lian li v1000 also. I think its going to be one of my future cases. But that case will definatly be modded hehe.

Have a look at this case:

The Logisys Janus

11-148-024-01.JPG

Review: http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1056&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=0

120mm in front and back, but the cool part is that you can put any number of fans anywhere you want on the side, with no modding, because of the mesh. Very innovative, if I may say so myself. Pop a 12cm fan smack in front of my x800 xt pe, for instance, with nothing more than 4 screws. That'd be cool.

Bad parts: it's $63 (directron here) plus shipping, and it looks very cheap. Look at how the door affixes to the frame--maybe I'm spoiled by Antec, but that's damn cheap looking.

Comes in three colors: black, silver, and red.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-148-024&depa=1

Back