• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS demonstrated dual 6800 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is going to be really expensive. I am guessing around $1000 dollars. The performance would probably be amazing though.

Sentential said:
Holy **** that is a big fan! :eek: Is that 92mm? Looks like it to me

Yeh, imagine how hot those things would be :drool: (and loud with that fan! :bang head )

You'd still need an SLI MoBo ... so unless that is a temporary thing I don't see the point of it?
Still a nice product though.

old news but ya it is pretty huge

and whats the point? prob cuz its better than 2 of em

OMG that would be soo cool. so if the cards both cores/ram have a 256-bit interface is that 512-bit interface and 512mb. Similar to how the single core version's specs were dbl'd on the the dual 6600gts?
dear god that will be incredible but super mega expensive! i'm guessing around 1100-1200 USD.
-kkat

Nifty bit of kit all the same though eh? :)

Just goes to show though that the big companies do think like us ordinary folks sometimes...

You know, whats the best way I can mod this piece of kit, how can I sqeeze more power out of this thing, wonder if I can add this to that, or stick that to this..
Wonder what would happen if I built a board and made a dual 6800 ultra...

:)

I find it intresting that a Dual CPU rig is not seen as a gamers rig (It aint one) yet all of a sudden 2 GPU seams to be getting a popular look.

Honestly If they just made faster a GPU With faster memory and put it together it would beat a dual GPU card set up.Not so sure why people are not making this argument and are jumping on the band wagon that this new dual idea is cool..

Just my thoughts.. :)

Yea I found this pic on the net also
my.php

jonspd, wow thats a nice pic - that one really shows the nuts and bolts of how they have gone about doing it..

MMMmmMM makes my mouth water..

man, can you imagine two of those things linked up on SLI(nevermind the fact that it only works on an SLI board anyway)? UBURL33T M4551VEE!!1 OVERK1LL!!!!..!!!11

*sigh* the madness will never stop will it . . . :rolleyes:

y did they even go through the trouble to make that card if it wasint gonna be able to dual up with another (4 gpus) cause wouldent it make more sence to buy 2 6800 ultras (that can fit in ur case) :shrug:

woot 5 stars :D

meh, this is old... i posted the asus site with all the pics and info you need already... this is just a repost ^^

Back