• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pickle

Hiya all, when i run prime95 my temp for my cpu now is 43c it usto be around 37c not sure why its higher and on idle now its around 34c, is that fine for a 24/7 comp? its oc'd to 2.5ghz on 1.50volts

Did room temperature change? Did you by any chance moced the heatsink when doing something inside the case (happens to me all the time).

room temps the same, but i reset my heatsink and reapplied as5, are my temps too high now or thats about right?

What hs do you have? The same thing was happening to me with my si-97 after resitting it, the problem was that there wasn't enough pressure against the cpu so the layer of as5 was too thick, so after I put a little pressure against the core and moved it from side to side a little and my temps dropped 5c+, right now my load temp is only 35c.

Avg said:
What hs do you have? The same thing was happening to me with my si-97 after resitting it, the problem was that there wasn't enough pressure against the cpu so the layer of as5 was too thick, so after I put a little pressure against the core and moved it from side to side a little and my temps dropped 5c+, right now my load temp is only 35c.

Wow! Thats very good. I'm folding now and my Temps are 47C.

Chances are you will see alittle decrease after the thermal compound set's in but IMO those temp's are fine.

Pickle said:
stock hs atm
Well, it's not normal that the temps would raise after resitting it, but your temps are still low and you don't have to worry about it yet, did anythign change from the when your temps were lower like amount or thermal paste applied on the hs.

Super Nade said:
Wow! Thats very good. I'm folding now and my Temps are 47C.

I was impressed too, i though it was a misreading but the temps has been like that for about a day now, hope it stays that way.

i applied the same ammount as last time, should i take the clips off and push down and turn the hs?

You don't have to remove the clip, just apply a small amount of pressure on top of the hs and move it a bit, you don't have to do it since your temps are still low, wait a while maybe the paste will settle and the temps will drop.

okay thanks, i see my chipset is around 49c on load, but i guess they get alot hotter then cpu's

Back