• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM 5 (Motherboard Monitor 5)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XTTX

Does this give an accurate temperature reading? I'm just wondering, because if it does. My 20% overclock is only 42 degrees Celsius :) (running a few programs, server, stepmania online, AIM, MSN, FireFox, AV, Firewall, etc.)

Any programs that read temperatures read from a chip from the motherboard. This includes BIOS, MBM5, Speedfan -- you name it. If your chip gives accurate temperatures, the programs will report accurate temperatures.

Then there is the fact that most temp sensors give bad readings... i believe only Abit give true "on the core" temperature reads...

~t0m

Yeah, that temp looks good, but you are somewhere between idle and load with those apps. To truly test load temp and to test stability at the same time, download a free benchmark program called PCmark2004 and try running it. That will load your system to the max.

Back