• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This Possible? MASSIVE OVERCLOCK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Use 3dmark2k3. That will show a big difference cause it is a video card bench not a system bench.

Yet 803 on the core seems just a tad high. :rolleyes:

It might be setting the speeds but not actually using them. When I oc too much on my FX5700LE, the speeds will drop down to a non-oced level. Yours might also be doing that, or it could be misreading the speeds. I don't think that card could do that, especially with that cooling.

downloading 3dmark03 i had that drop in core speeds with 1.6 volt but i pulled it down to 1.5 and let ati tool go and it just didnt stop until i aborted

maybe i should let ati tool run overnight and say i custom made my video card from a P4EE processor

1, it really is not possible on that card.

2, you are using a Beta version, so that may be a glitch, but unlikely.

or 3, The value isnt being set, the slider is just moving.

In attached pic is the clock without being set (1)

2 is what you should click if it really isnt setting the clock value.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 259
Yeah, I don't see any way that you could get an 800 core and have the card still run..... especially on stock cooling. Your Aquamark score would jump up by more than 1k points if you gained that much core speed as well, which leads me to believe that something is up.

I agree with Sub, you might have forgotten to click on the "Set" button in order for it to set that speed. Just don't forget to drop the core clock before you hit the button if you did forget, otherwise you'll be in for a surprise. :p

Slightly amusing story. After I wrote that post, I went bacck into ATITool to play around some more, I forgot that I had put the "set as slider moves" back on. I grabbed the slider and slid it right up to the top. Instant lockup, wonder why my card wont do 800...

Back