• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turbulence In The Res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{AG}Sgt.Stryker

I'm pretty happy with my water set-up, except for one thing. I've got all my fans (4 Panaflo 120s, 2 in the case, 2 on the rad) running at 7v, which makes them so quiet that the Raptors are the loudest thing you hear. Except for the burbling of the water going through the res. I have the DangerDen HDPE bay res, which looks to be a pretty sophisticated design. But with the flow I'm getting through my system (very good!), there's a lot of turbulence in the res, which causes it to sound like one of those little Japanese mini water gardens, all trickle-y and everything. I know it's supposed to be soothing, but it irritates the H311 outa me! And every once in awhile, there's so much turbulence that the pump sucks a little air and the system gets all fizzed up for awhile.

Any thoughts as to how I might settle the turbulence down a little? I was thinking of stuffing some kind of fibrous material into the res, something that wouldn't restrict the flow, but would calm the turbulence.

jabtek said:
Fill it up to the top or as close as you can get !

with my HDPE res i had to get a small syringe w/ a peice of tubing over the end & inject water into the raised part of the res, otherwise you're never gonna get it completely full

Well, DUH! I pulled the res out (still connected, just pulled it out the front of the bay since I left some slack in the tubes) and tipped it up and at an angle so that the fill port was the highest point, then topped it off with h2o (distilled, of course!), to the point that there was just a little air bubble at the tippy-top corner, and voila!, no more burbling! Man, I love this forum!

Back