• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

updated wc system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lithker

i finally got my watercooling back. i have changed a lot of things hopefully for the best. please dont mention hose clamps i leak tested for 24 hours with no leaks and tubing grips great with nothing, zipties are at least some insurance. click on thumbnails to get full pic.

the changes:
1. went from 5600U with maze4GPU to 6800 GT cooled by a Maze4 AMD CPU block that i modded with dangerden high flow fittings.
2. since its now all copper loop i got rid of the zerex for distilled water and biocide.
3. i made a new shroud for heatercore that went from .75inch to 1.5 inch length between fans and heatercore plus i put a divider between fans.
4. added 5/8'' Tline, no res and no tline was too much hassle.
5. switched nozzle on TDX from #4 to #5
6. lapped TDX with easypckit

non-watercooling changes:
1. put heatsinks on mosfets, southbridge, everything pretty much.
2. cut out back grills
3. sealed front of case so air only goes though heatercore

relsults after a few days:
CPU (2500+ desktop): from 35c idle 43c load to 33c idle 37c load at 1.9v 2.4GHZ
GPU (6800 GT): from air 46c idle 63c load to 37c idle 40c load at stock. havent oc'd but optimal detect went from 417core 1.13mem to 449core 1.19mem

questions? comments? suggestions?

thanks to kunaak for all the heatsinks and windwind for the DIY maze4cpu block on the 6800 idea

the old system

updated system

Last edited:
Even though you are running all copper, you still might want to run a little antifreeze for corrosion purposes. Even "all" copper is not really all copper as there is almost certainly brass or solder or whatever in the mix.

Your system looks good.

Very nice setup I like how clean it is. I hope mine looks that good when I am done with it. Maybe someday I will get pictures taken.

What pump is that?

Back