• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer Setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

I like to go to a website that has all the latest demos available for download. The problem is I get that yellow bar on the top of my browser warning me I am about to download a FILE. When I click on it to says it is okay to download, I get put back in the download que.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can adjust to tell IE to allow downloads from this site automatically? I know there is one for the pop ups, but what about for the download warning bar?

Well, I added the site into the allow pop-ups for this site only in the privacy settings, but it still blocks the file downloads.

It would be really annoying to have to turn it off just to download a file, but if that is the only solution than I suppose I will have to do that.

Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Security" tab | "Custom Level" button | In the "Downloads" section of the list, under "Automatic prompting for file downloads", click the "Enable" radio button.

Last edited:
Back