• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox: One folder that contains bookmarks & setings used by dual boot Windows XP-Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Firefox: One folder that contains bookmarks & setings used by dual boot Windows XP-Me

Hi,

on a dual Windows XP/Me boot system, I would like to share bookmarks and settings between two Firefox installations (from each operating system.)

What's the easiest way to create and set a specific folder (like E:\test for example) as the folder that both XP and Me Firefox installations can use to store bookmarks and settings data?

Edit:
Start Menu > Run... >
firefox.exe -profilemanager > OK
Create Profile... > Next > Enter new profile name & Choose Folder location > Finish >
make sure the newly created profile name is selected > Start Firefox.

Repeat procedure for the other operating system, selecting the same profile name folder location.

If you've already set everything up but would like to move the existing setup to this new folder for easier backup, simply copy contents of a folder found in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
or
C:\Documents and Settings\[name of your account]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
or
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default

#2: When you hold Ctrl and press + the text size displayed is increased, by how much is it increased every time you press it and what value (and where) should be assigned to = pressing Ctrl and + twice and to have that size display remain default for all pages?

#3: Ctrl + N in Internet Explorer opens a new window that has the same contents as the window already opened.

Doing this in Firefox however opens up a blank window, how can you get Firefox to open a new window that is a replica of the already opened window?

#4: Is there any way to protect a Firefox cookie from third part cookie washers so that all cookies except protected ones are erased by those third party washers?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
As for the image thing there is a plug-in I forgot name but it was something like imageblock. I will try and find it tomorrow when not so tired(insomnia). Your first one though sounds tricky. I would say just put a primary folder on one drive and have like me use a shortcut to the xp one. Though me would try and install the program I think and create reg entries and what not and make its own folder. One thing that may work is like Briefcase, I have never used it but I am pretty sure its designed tp auto update its counterpart so like set the xp and me briefcase to update eachother and put firefox in there. No idea if it will work though.

no worries, found it:
http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/

Anyone know of a plugin that does this on Firefox:
http://www.fox-magic.com/freeware.html
IEAdjust Toolbar is a tiny plug-in that controls the visibility of images in the Microsoft Internet Explorer.

In other words, with one click on a check box only text and no images are displayed in the browser, then just as quickly you check the box once this is no longer necessary...

Start Menu > Run... >
firefox.exe -profilemanager > OK
Create Profile... > Next > Enter new profile name & Choose Folder location > Finish >
make sure the newly created profile name is selected > Start Firefox.

Repeat procedure for the other operating system, selecting the same profile name folder location.

If you've already set everything up but would like to move the existing setup to this new folder for easier backup, simply copy contents of a folder found in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
or
C:\Documents and Settings\[name of your account]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
or
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default

Last edited:
Back