• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The SETUP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honhon

hey all - i am going to start accumulating parts for my water cooling setup.... what i am looking for help on is... what kinda of setup should i be looking to do, alittle more for what i mean is.... should i go from the pump > radiator > CPU Block > VGA block > resivoir > pump etc.....? is that a good setup, or would the CPU heat the water too much and actually cause the VGA to be at higher temps than it is now being air cooled? right now my nvidia 6800 VGA is idling at core temp 46C, and ambient temp of 31C and my P4 is idling around 39C or 38C (bounces right on the edge between the both) and i know when playing CS:S that my CPU goes up to around 50 to 55C so i know that heat will and can heat the VGA up also sinse it'll be down stream from the CPU, my question again, is this a good setup? or if anyone has pictures to show me a good setup i would be greatly appreciative, my parts im hunting for is: Dual120mm Radiator, VGA and CPU block ( either swiftech or DangerDen ) in-line pump with a 4-pin molex plug, either a 3.5" dual resivoir, single 5.25" resivoir, OR if i can find a nice looking round one, i could mount that infront of the window on my case, and then maybe mount the pump in the 2 empty 3.5" slots i have open..... and i have the ANtec SOHO server case, so its quite tall so i am going to drop my dvd-rom down one slot so the radiator and twin 120mm's will sit snug against the top of the case, AND i also have contiplanted cutting a hole in the top of the case and making a bubble, so it'll kinda look like the koolance cases.... thanks for any and all help!

Check the stickies section. You will find the answers to most of your questions there.

Quick answer. Placement of components results in neglidgable temp differences and really doesn't matter. The only two exceptiosn to that are if you are using a REs, it shoudl go before the pump, and if using multiple radiators in a single loop, it may be better to put them between components.

Jas said:
Check the stickies section. You will find the answers to most of your questions there.

Quick answer. Placement of components results in neglidgable temp differences and really doesn't matter. The only two exceptiosn to that are if you are using a REs, it shoudl go before the pump, and if using multiple radiators in a single loop, it may be better to put them between components.
ok, ill check stickies again, and the way i have my setup thinking, my resivoir comes before my pump, the VGA will dump into the resivoir and then the pump will pick up the resivoir and send the liquid to the radiator, i think thats what i meant, but im trying to picture everything in my case with what little room i have left, so i might have gotten confused for a second there.. :bang head

Just what Jas said...yeah...

Reading the stickies and other peoples posts I've thrown out my ideas about how exactly I'm going to run it and just play with it once I get all my pieces in place to minimize the tube run lengths and bends.

My general idea is to have the Res feeding the pump and mount the rez relatively high to help it bleed out any air. From there I'll go to the radiator and then the CPU and so on.

Back