• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Extreme X800XT TO X850XT PE Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Singer

Hello I have a Asus X800XT and it overclocks to X850XT PE speccs with no problems using stock cooling, I cant find the bios file for the Asus X850XT PE but I did find one from ATI, so my question is this do you guys think it would be ok to flash my ASUS X800XT to X850XT PE using ATI bios? I did check and the memory is the same Samsung 1.6 but I am betting if I can flash this with no problems using ATI bios rather than ASUS bios then Smart Doctor probly wont work anymore.

If somone out there has the ASUS X850XT PE Bios then I would rather use that but I cant find it. think maby I should wait? or should the ATI Bios do the trick?

Just a heads up

I have read a few threads on this issue before and the consensus is that the flashing will not work. The core of the X850 I do not believe is the same as the core on the X800. Honestly, if your X800 is stable and cool at X850 speeds then just let it be (just my 2 cents).

- J

These are NOT the same architectures. You might be far better off researching an X800 XT to X800 XT PE bios flash but with the board you have and your overclock you are allready at such speeds. The only difference is a few MHz between the two.

I agree with jjdeltor on this view.

R

Back