• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get new bios for discontinued board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

This is my board http://www.machspeed.com/m630tcf.htm

it's a socket 370, i have a 1.1 celeron running in there, with 512mb of SDRAM (this is my crap rig). My problem is with the bios, I recently got a 300 gig maxtor hard drive and my motherboard only reads it as 137gb, is there any way I can patch my bios to fix this problem? I think becuase of this bios issue of not fully recogninzing the size of my hard-drive I can't install windows xp to my hard drive (it just freezes at the Setup is inspecting your hardware config). Or is there anywhere I can get a 3rd party bios to fix my problem? My chipset on the board is a SIS 630T Single-Chip Corelogic. Thanks for the help...

just for further addition, i was running windows xp sp2 on this rig with my older 40 gig hard drive without a problem. When I added the 300 gig as a slave to the 40, everything was fine. Windows recognized it and everything... It's just when I set the 300gig (which is formatted to NTFS) to master and then tried installing Windows XP on it that it got quirky.

i remember i had the same problem with my xbox and all i did was patch my bios and then reflash the xbox with the patched biosn and then my 250gig hd worked. So I'm guessing it's the same case in this situation.

Last edited:
yea thats the bios i have flashed onto it right now but its 3 years old..

Back