• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium Extreme Edition 840

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boci3

Registered
Hello does anyone know much about the Pentium Extreme Edition 840 as featured on AnandTech's article on the following web link:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2388

I was told that dual processor systems won't be much benefit to home users because the program you are using needs to be programmed for it, and most home use programs aren't. But after reading the article it seems to be an amazing thing to have if you do a lot of multi-tasking on your computer. Has this always been the case for multi-processor computers? Would it be a good idea to overclock such a computer, and by how much? And using clustering and overclocking such a computer could you easily make a supercomputer? Isn't that what everyone here wants to do? To take cpus to their limit, thereby , in essence creating our own supercomputers? Any way, I just wanted to know if anyone else has thought about overclocking the 8xx series Intel processors and have any plans or ideas that they could share with me.

P.S.: has anyone experimented with Native Command Queuing (NCQ) hard drives? Are they really that beneficial for computer performance?

Your in the wrong section (for your purposes), go back to the homepage of OC and repost/ read threads in SMP.

Edit: you don't have to but you will prolly get more feedback there, or better feedback at least.

Back