• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp not recognizing my drive during install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
im installing xp on the system in my sig which i just finished putting together! i ran the maxblast utlity and formated the drive ntfs. when i went to install xp it didnt recognize the drive. then i made a driver disk off my maxblast, however when i tried to use that it gave me some error. :(
i need help. FAST!

It may be you need to load the additional drivers for your SATA controller for windows to see your drive? When the installation CD boots hit F5 (or F6 or whatever key it is ) when prompted to insert disks for RAID/SCSI controllers.

Does the XP install see the drive at all?

Mate,
If what David said about the drivers doesn't work, disconnect your IDE Drive and then attempt an install. I am almost 100% sure that it will work. I had the same problem with my rig. It turned out that I had my jumpers on the HDD and optical driver wrong. IDE was supposed to be Slave and Optical Drive the Master. OS resides on the SATA.

Back