• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me overclock my 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChesterMcCheese

I've have not overclocked anything for a while now, but I just got this 3000+ CBBHD week 0447. I'm pretty sure it can do 2.6ghz@325*8. I also have 2*512mb G.Skill LE's and a DFI Ultra-D.

Basically I need a bit of help going about the actual overclock. I want to do this efficiently - I don't want to leap right into it and screw up and take days trying to fix the problem, nor do I want to increase the HTT 5mhz at a time.

Can someone please run me through the best possible steps? Eg - before I start should I run memtest or upgrade the BIOS? After that can I put my HTT straight up to 250mhz?

Help would greatly be appreciated.

I suggest running your ram synch, with no divider, it may be more stable that way too. I suggest this:

Set ram to 2.5-3-3-7 2.7v

Set htt to 3

Set fsb to 230, post, and then increase 5mhz at a time until you need more volatage to the cpu.

What mobo do you have, and what version bios? You can always test it out before you decide you want to flash.

If you watch your voltage and temps, you will be OK. Remember, heat kills, not mhz.

*edit* I just noticed you have a DFI lanparty. Like I said though, see how it works first, you really can't go wrong doing that. Usually later version bios's have a couple of differences from the previous one's which may not even apply to you.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the help. I'm reading hitech's long thread right now.

I had some baaaaaaaaad bad trouble with overclocking last night. I set the HTT to 250 and the Windows won't load (won't go into detail but this thing called NVidia Boot Agent came up instead) and I couldn't boot into Windows even after setting everything back to normal.

Hopefully it's not my chip.

What is the lowest overclock you've seen on a CBBHD week 0447 or similar? I might have gotten a really bad chip? Hope not.

ChesterMcCheese said:
Thanks a lot for the help. I'm reading hitech's long thread right now.

I had some baaaaaaaaad bad trouble with overclocking last night. I set the HTT to 250 and the Windows won't load (won't go into detail but this thing called NVidia Boot Agent came up instead) and I couldn't boot into Windows even after setting everything back to normal.

Hopefully it's not my chip.

What is the lowest overclock you've seen on a CBBHD week 0447 or similar? I might have gotten a really bad chip? Hope not.

Did you try to reset the cmos or boot with fail safe defaults?

yeah I reset the CMOS and everything was back to normal :) except for a suspicious BSOD on the first successful Windows boot

Now my problem is after flashing my BIOS the system goes into Memtest and keeps going on forever, and I can't go into Windows.

Gah overclocking is such a pain!

You can turn MemTest off at the top of the list in the bottom-half of the GENIE BIOS screen.

What you might have done was leave your RAM timings too tight while upping your HTT to 250. If you were still at 2-2-2-5, that is probably too tight for your sticks. When shooting for the highest memory clock, you should first put your RAM to their rated timings of 2.5-3-3-7. Then set hitechjb1's settings for RAM over 300 that I linked above. You should be able to boot Windows with those settings and if not, try a few of the others, especially options that only have (2|3) options, relax them to 3. I've found that these options with only two values to choose from are better for loosening to let Windows boot. Once you find an OC you're happy with, try bringing the timings back down slowly, one at a time.

Back