• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4b at 3.2 should I be happy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bfkidd

Prime stable for 26 hours. Even did some multitasking during.

Running p4p800e. Vcore is at 1.6. I noticed pretty good flux at load. Looks like droop mod may be in order.

Anyway, system won't post at any vcore higher than 1.6. So it looks like I am stuck for some reason.

I played around with speeds and vcore, and this is the max speed I can run stable without going higher, which I can't.

Any suggestions or should I be happy with my results?

Ram is generic 3200.

Are you using a 3:2 or 5:4 divider for your ram? Your ram is definently holding you back if aren't using dividers.

I am running it 1:1 which is only 178. Isn't 3200 supposed to be good to at least 200?

bfkidd said:
Prime stable for 26 hours. Even did some multitasking during.

Running p4p800e. Vcore is at 1.6. I noticed pretty good flux at load. Looks like droop mod may be in order.

Anyway, system won't post at any vcore higher than 1.6. So it looks like I am stuck for some reason.

I played around with speeds and vcore, and this is the max speed I can run stable without going higher, which I can't.

Any suggestions or should I be happy with my results?

Ram is generic 3200.

I think you can do better. Why not go for the 1Ghz oc'ed instead since your still only using 1.6V :)

I wish I could. Like I said, It won't post above 1.6v for some reason.

bfkidd said:
I wish I could. Like I said, It won't post above 1.6v for some reason.

What ram are you using and how much volts are you throwing on it? Can't be your mb though that's for sure. List your idle and load temps as well.

MrCooper

I think your PC will post with more than 1.6v, when you set it to 1.625 save and reboot does the PC just make no beeps monitor turns off? Well it will post, just not everytime, even at stock if I set my vcore to 1.625 pc will not post first time. Have a play with it, i'm pretty sure you can get it to post with more vcore.

Thats a pretty nice overclock for a 2.4B, mine needed hell of alot of vcore to get there.

For a 2.4B on air, that's a very decent overclock.

If it were a decent watercooling setup, you'd probably be looking at an additional 100 to 300 Mhz, but it would just be cheaper to buy a 2.8 or 3.0 and overclock them.

My ram is generic 3200. I played around with that upped the voltage I think as high as 1.65. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Temps are around 51-52C under full load. Stock cooling with some silver compound.

When I set vcore to 1.625 it doesn't beep, and the only thing that seems to happen is the cd light comes on. I played with it quite a bit and the only thing that I can do is power it off. It then comes back and gives me the overclock was not successful screen when it posts.

Now, this cpu was free so that's why I am squeezing it! I am not going to be buying another 478.

Back