• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verizon Dsl 3.0Mbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pineabs

well i currently got the verizon 1.5/128 in teh DC area and i've been seeing comericals about how tis double the speed now. but when i called them they told me its not a yet available in my neighborhood. so i was kinda ****ed cus they should be advertaising doubleing the speed if i can'e even get it. esp when i live in a well populated town. not the middle of no where. then i ask then if once its available will they jus automatically upgrade my speed. and they tell me no. said i would have to call in periodically call in ask them when i can get it. so i guess i'ma call then every day till i do. i think they are lying to me, any one here that lives in the DC area getting 3.0Mbs?

I kinda had the same thing with Charter Pipeline. When I first got it installed it was only 1.5 Mbps, but was told by the installer that it was going up to 3 and the price was dropping if you called for the upgrade to 3. But if you didn't call and get the upgrade, you would still get the faster speed, but at the still higher price. Luckily for me, I have a friend that works for them, so I pretty much know about all the updates to the service in my area. But if I were you I would just keep calling every day until they get it changed for you. And if you have a local office, try talking to someone there and see what they might say about when the upgrade should be happening.

its BS the lady told me that they are working on it. i checked with earth link to see if i'm able to get 3.0 and turns out i can. why advertise something when they can't even offer their existing users.

I live in southern california and saw the doubling of the speeds, called into their billing services, and they upgraded it within 24 hours. Now I enjoy 350kb/sec download speeds :D. And yet that is STILL not enough. Good luck trying to get it to double

Alright! just stumbled acorss this thread. Gave Verizon a call and they're are upgrading from 1500/350 me too 3mbs/? in the next 24-48 hours. My buddy 10 miles away is still at 256kbs through quest. He's calling Verizon tonight

EDIT: it does suck they just upgrade automatically.

Last edited:
Thank you for your recent email. Unfortunately, you do not qualify for
the 3.0/768 speeds because you are too far away from the Central Office
(maximum distance for the 3.0 speed is 11,000 ft; you are currently at
11,200 ft.) We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to
contact us. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Thank
you for choosing Verizon Online as your Internet Service Provider.

Sincerely,
Rick Albin
Verizon Online Broadband Sales and Service Centers

i think this is bs

does anyone know how i can find out if this is true. i know there was a website where i can check out how far i am from them. i can't find it tho.

Back