• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmic Crunchers win the team race!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stryfe

Congratulations go out to the Cosmic Crunchers for winning the team race!

The final standings are:
1. 259,318, Cosmic Crunchers
2. 232,447, Badd Boinc'ers
3. 231,259, Team D
4. 202,229, The Underdogs
5. 172,740, The A-Team

All the teams should be proud. We figured this race would take one and a half to two months and here we are announcing the winner 24 days after the race started. All the teams made huge increases in production. During the race the five teams put out more than 1 million credit!

If you guys are up for another round I'll put up a new thread for sign-ups/suggestions.

Awesome crunching everyone!

I had thought that placing of teams was going to be after they crossed 250,000 :shrug: D-team still has some fight in them :attn:

yes another race asap :)

I DEMAND A RE-COUNT!!!! :p

Yeah, get another race started man!!!

the output of just us teams was over 1 million credits in less than a month! I don't care where you are from, or how many computers you have...thats ALOT of boincing!

SCREAMING EAGLE said:
I had thought that placing of teams was going to be after they crossed 250,000 :shrug: D-team still has some fight in them :attn:

yes another race asap :)
I'd said first team to 250k wins. I guess I didn't really specify how we'd place the others. That's something to think about for round two though.

Vento1 said:
What a great idea this race was over too quick, sign me up for the next one.

Sure was fun. I will have to pass on races probably until Winter...the heat in my office from my farm is pretty unbearable in the afternoons now--my A/C just can't keep up. So I'm going to cut back again to just the PCs I use on a regular basis and give the rest of 'em a rest.

We won.....we won.....:burn:.....

Congrats to all the teams, I really expected this to be a longer race....but we seem to be really eating WU faster than many others thought we could.

I´m up to another race. And we might be getting some help in the future ;)

Another race sounds fine with me ; im for it :thup: Iff anything like last race ; that should complete in something like 46 days or better :D

AQUAJOE said:
I'll sit this one out and let you guys shoot it out. Going to go back and crunch some Einstein.

That was a great effort Joe. You had to be hustling to keep all those machines running BOINC. Sometimes, when you get a chance, start a thread on how you administer a set up like that.

Harvey

congrats to everyone who raced!! and TKS to Katelin and Hallen for inviting me to the race and giving me a 2nd look at the BONIC!! ;)

and yes, a 2nd race will be nice IF we up the final number to at least doubling the previous race or it will be ended too soon again. :)

LandShark said:
congrats to everyone who raced!! and TKS to Katelin and Hallen for inviting me to the race and giving me a 2nd look at the BONIC!! ;)

and yes, a 2nd race will be nice IF we up the final number to at least doubling the previous race or it will be ended too soon again. :)

I agree. Berkeley is up again and we all had a rest. If the top 5 ranked teams pull away we may never get another chance to enter that ranking. Plus the weather is still cool.

Let's race.

Harvey

edit- OC UK is using a Crunchathon to race individual machines.

http://www.teamocuk.com/hostracerules.php?p=SAH

That might be interesting to give single/small farms an equal playing field.

Last edited:
LandShark said:

I say we get another race going ASAP before Landshark loses interest with BOINC SETI and do something bizarre with his computers, like loading folding client on them :santa:

Back