• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woohoo i got another Q ppl =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

had neone modded there ms explorer mouse to a blue led? i love red.. but my case lighting is gonna be blue.. and id like my mouse to be blue too..

altho as writing this.. the bottom plastic of the mouse is red so thats a prob..

if not, does anyone know of a optical mouse that you could mod it with a blue led? thanks

It's been mentioned before. Somewhere recently on this forum. I believe people have stated that using a blue led might be bad because of the wavelength difference from the red it could cause your mouse to act up.

hehe

well, let me clear this up for everyone...

the light you see from the mouse really isnt representative of the mouse. from what i understand, optical mice work because of INFAred light. (infra = above, higher), meaning its beyond seeing range. the red light you see is just a gimick.

my friend has a microsoft optical mouse, and he modded it so that it has NO light. it looks like a regular mouse, he just removed the LED all together. its cool, i hate the lights on opticals.

so, you can just swap the led's easily. doesnt effect performance. (unless you have one that uses the light to track movement, but all the Microsoft mice have 2 LED's. one is cosmetic, and the other is functional. the functional one is IR, and the light cant be seen.

so, if you take it apart, and see only 1 LED, which light comes from, most likely you shouldnt mod it becuase that is what it uses to track.

but if you see 2, one that doesnt look on, then dont touch that one, and replace the other.

(i have only taken apart microsoft mice, not logitech, so i dont know how those work).

Well by golly. I happen to have a Logitech Ifeel mouse. Just flipped it over and it does look like it has a red led and then another eye. Guess the led is just for looks. It also changes intensity.

typhoonmike said:
Well by golly. I happen to have a Logitech Ifeel mouse. Just flipped it over and it does look like it has a red led and then another eye. Guess the led is just for looks. It also changes intensity.

yeah, my friends microsoft does that too.... when its "idle" or not being used, its kinda dim. but when you move it or pick it up, it goes full blast. of course, now, it has NO light coming from it at all.

You know all this talk about changing LEDs has me looking at my Creative DTT2500 Digital Decoder. Has 10 green LEDs on it. Wonder if I could change them over? Course I haven't changed any LEDs on anything yet so I'll probably just trash it. Was gonna do it on my Floppy but couldn't figure out how to get the stupid thing off.

Okay I'm just a big chicken. Took the cover off the Decoder but couldn't get to the LEDs right away. Would have to take out a circuit board and then unscrew some more things. Don't want to trash anything and I'd have to desolder the LEDs anyway and I'm not very good with that stuff yet.

hehe, just unplug em all :)

everyone is about more LED's, or different colored LED's, im all about NO LED's. i dont like excess light. the commputer monitor tells me enough about my comp, dont need a $0.59 LED telling me something is on or off. (unless its a fan/cooling thing)

Well need to know if I'm getting the dolby digital signal or not and they have a light for that. Heh

hehe.

currently, my case has NO lights. i unplugged the HD light, and the power light. almost thinking of modding my monitor for no light either. j/k

Back