• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to broadcast over a lan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redwraith94

Heres my setup 2x peer-to-peer (via crossover) comps running win2k. I want to know how to broadcast files in real time, from mine to hers, or vice-versa.

We watch a lot of anime, and frankly my chair is more comfortable than her chairs, so I want to find a way to watch episodes of anime on both computers at the same time, they are mostly avi, wmv, or mov files. We have succesfully started the same episode at the same time, and it was perfectly in sync, but only once, and it was kind of retarded, so I need to know if there is an app, or a built in component of windows that allows this, I heard something about UDP being used for this instead of TCP/IP, but I don't have in-depth enough knowledge of networking to pull it off.

Thank you, do you know if there is any way to do this with normal windows components, ie UDP, or am I way off base?

while we are at it, anyone know how to do packet level broadcasts? for example, connection request from 1.2.3.4:12345 to router 2.3.4.5:113 and 2.3.4.5 broadcasts the packet to internal network 192.168.0.2:113; 192.168.0.3:113; 192.168.0.4:113; 192.168.0.5:113; so one of the host running identd will answer?

Back