• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading Ram question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aidenswarrior

Well i recently realized that my 512 of pqi turboseries pc3200 tccd is not enough for me and i am thinking of upgrading.

I bought another stick of the same stuff and it didnt work for some reason, so i guess i have to buy another gig to replace my current 512? For some reason my motherboard would not recognize the second stick. So i was wondering what is a good recommendation of a gig of ram, either 512x2 or just 1gigx1. I dont want pc3200, i want higher. What ram can my motherboard support pc(xxxx) wise or w/e? sorry i am a noob when it comes to ram.

G.Skill TCCD is very popular among overclockers as well as OCZ El Platinum Rev 2 (TCCD). The OCZ is rated at 2-2-2-5 at PC3200 but it goes much higher without a voltage increase if you loosen the timings.

i have seen people with my motherboard that have pc4000 modules... i am just wondering what is the best tccd out right now that my mobo can support

This is the memory I plan to buy next week for my A64 setup G.skill TCCD . Ive been hearing good things about G.skill TCCD memory. If you are willing to pay more money this OCZ is worth looking at too OCZ PC-5000 .

Aidenswarrior said:
anyone help? i dont care if you guys looked at the list... i need help with my ram selection :bang head :bang head :bang head

All TCCD should be compatible with your motherboard. It doesn't really matter which brand you buy; you should no problems hitting some nice clocks with such modules. Also, keep in mind that your DFI will allow high voltage provided you have a power supply with adjustable pots. If this is the case, than you can always look into low-latency Bh-5/Ch-5/UTT which should do 240 ~ 260 2-2-2-x on average.

If you are looking at TCCD specifically, I'd say go for the OCZ El Platinum Rev 2. Overall, G. Skill is regarded as having the highest-clocking sticks, but they are also very expensive compared to OCZ's offering, which has recently slided below the $200 mark. I'd say the savings on the OCZ more than justify a look ;)

deception``

Back