• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which rad fans should I use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demon of Elru

Registered
I am upgrading my watercooling and adding a second radiator so I will have a 480 and a 360. What are good fans to use? Currently have Noctua NF-F12s so they are old and I want to replace them. Noise is somewhat of a factor as is cost. How are Arctic P12 compared to what I have now?

ya they got a seperate lead wire , 3pin , for rgb ...
i dont believe those specific kits sell a non rgb version.

always could leave rgb unconnected and include future option rgb.

quality of the kit is 3 times any other kit i tried , in my opinion.

I've been using Bitfenix fans on my 480 and Phanteks on my 280. With the exception of 2 Bitfenix fans out of 8 that I have been using for years failed, they're rock solid. The Phanteks fans have not failed...yet. I replaced the 2 Bitfenix fans.

Bitfenix have leds not rgb.

lol, not sure you can get them anymore to be honest. But those were dirt cheap, blew a fair amount of air, and were quiet. I still have nearly all of mine from like, 2012 or something. lol

I can't speak to the Noctua fans because I've never used them. I've been happy with the Arctic P12 PWM (& PWM PST for daisy chain) for the past few years. Nice static for pushing through a radiator, CPU cooler or restrictive case openings.
No LED or RGB. Available in black or white.

If you do not care about lights, Phanteks T30 is the best 120mm fan I have used outside of 120x38s. I bought the 3 pack. Makes the NF-F12 look like a piece of junk just from the noise alone.

I dont run fans in my office so noise is not really a factor for me, but I have really liked the Arctic fans for their value and quiet operation.

I heard Arctic P12's are very good especially for the price.
Yes, they have been holding up well for me. I bought a 5 pack of P12 PWM PST fans for my gaming PC. Three are on the radiator & two are providing case airflow. I also have four P8 (80mm) PWM fans to move air in my really old Antec case. I had a bunch of 3 wire non-PWM fans & decided to update them.

Back