• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bitfenix Spectre Pro All White LED 120mm fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I've had 8 of these guys in push/pull on coolgate quad rad, and 2 of them started the dam rattle/buzz noise. I just purchased a new pair to replace them. Swapping fans out is oh sooo much fun :rain: Lucky for me i have small bungie cords to help :thup:

Was a pain in the arse trying to narrow down which one, but turns out to be 2 of them. I was thinking of going to extra mile, take them all out, clean and lube the sleve bearings and reinstall them. Get a few more years out of them before I replace them all.

Sounds like a PITA.

....how long have these been running you're seeing a couple crap out?

Me thinks I bought them around 2016 for the rad. 2 of the originals got noisy so I swapped them for 2 of the same but in black. Now 2 other white ones on the bottom are making the racket.

This reminds me of the Arctic 140mm F14TC fans I have. They look like any other fan, but come with a loose wire which has a temperature sensor at the end.

I had three of them in a vertical configuration, bottom, halfway, top, at the front panel behind a dust filter. Because the three loose temp sensors where placed at different places in the cabinet, only the top fan tended to spin as the fan measured the heat off the cpu. Probably not the best idea having only the top fan spinning, as the two stopped fans beneath the top one became an opening where the air pressure would fail to build up.

And so to my surprise, only after 2 years I think, the top fan started making a slight noise when spinning slowly. I swore to not buy any more of these, but it was just easier to try forget about it all and just go buy a new one.

Last edited:
Back