• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF-X : Trying to add another rad or change fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What kind of screws is it that I need for the top fans to be able to screw into the rad screws

Well the bottom fans I screwed directly into the rad with copper screws or I just should use the copper screws through the fan and directly into the rad to hold the rad?

Does frozen cpu sell them? I don't know what length I would need

Frozen sells them or Radioshack if you have one local
The E loops will come with some so maybe use those on bottom and the others up top just check length to be sure

Will do thanks for the help! Really appreciate it , I found the size for my nexxxxos and it's m3x35mm I'm sure ace or a hardware store sells something I can use so I don't have to pay 10& shipping I can get 4 screws at a hardware store for like 20 cents each prob. :) will post back once my orders come in and I get everything rolling!

These rads have screw protection plates
The rads I seen with them

Good to know, I forgot about the puncturing thing though, so thats good information either way.

I got one of the 7 packages I'm waiting on today, hopefully by mid next week I'll have everything to begin.

The screws that come with the E loops are m3 screws
I used the nuts that come with them for washers/spacers and it makes them 30mm long

Just a quick update, and thanks to everyone on the thread.

I have ordered an additional monsta 360 for the back of my case... Going to hang it externally, also ordered a heatkiller block for my 780 and am going to fully redo my loop.

I appreciate the help this far, and everything should be delivered by Thursday, I will post back with pics on the progress when I get everything in!

That should give you nice temps and be quiet

Let's hope so, the noiseblockers I ordered originally for the 240 rad in the tower I am going to leave with the bitfenix's and the 200's on top. That seems to work ok for my only cpu loop right now. The 3 noiseblockers I ordered will go on the 360 monsta externally... I think that will be the best bet. Can't wait to see how it all pans out! :D

I will recommend two more things. Distilled + silver and Primochill Advanced tubing. Color of your choice. If you do consider than you need to do a full tear down and rinse everything down from the liquid you used prior.

I will recommend two more things. Distilled + silver and Primochill Advanced tubing. Color of your choice. If you do consider than you need to do a full tear down and rinse everything down from the liquid you used prior.

I am tearing everything down, except I already ordered a silver plug (for rad) and ordered masterkleer tubing 1/2 x 3/4, as I have heard primochill is full of plasticizer lately... I've heard a lot of positive remarks on the Masterkleer so I went that route... I am running distilled + silver, but I am going to run Mayhem's pastel white... I've done a lot of research and haven't ever heard anything bad about Mayhem's pastel series..... If stuff begins to gunk, I'll simply run plain distilled.

I am upping to 1/2 3/4 from my old 3/8 stuff, that was way too thin for my liking.

Thanks for the tips though :)

I am tearing everything down, except I already ordered a silver plug (for rad) and ordered masterkleer tubing 1/2 x 3/4, as I have heard primochill is full of plasticizer lately... I've heard a lot of positive remarks on the Masterkleer so I went that route... I am running distilled + silver, but I am going to run Mayhem's pastel white... I've done a lot of research and haven't ever heard anything bad about Mayhem's pastel series..... If stuff begins to gunk, I'll simply run plain distilled.

I am upping to 1/2 3/4 from my old 3/8 stuff, that was way too thin for my liking.

Thanks for the tips though :)

It will gunk up. You have to do complete tear downs every 2-3 months if you're using that kind of stuff. Just giving you a heads up. As for the tubing, you're talking about is the LRT Pro line from a while ago. You're mixing it up with the newer Advanced LRT which is plasticizer free. On the other hand I've heard clouding issues with masterkleer and sometimes plasticizer unless it was just clouding, can't recall exactly.

It's your stuff. GL and lets us how it goes.

Back