• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help w/ sharing internet w/ windows PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt_w_lambert

ok i have my linux desktop PC on a dialup network that i want too route too my windows laptop, i can ping each ip but when i open IE it says i have too connect too the internet so i dont think i have my winxp pc set up right. is there somthing i have too do in linux to make it so it routes the dialup connection

i didnt know if i should post this in this topic or the windows topic but since more linux users know about windows than windows users know about linux i thought id post it here

not a router just a switch, also i cant get dhcp too work on linux i thought id try too use static ip's but im not having luck w/ sharing the internet connection

One thing to check is to make sure you have the DNS servers set correctly in windows and the default gateway set to the ip of the linux box. I know it sounds trivial but i spent a good part of an afternoon scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong only to finally find out that windows had reset my default gateway.

klingens said:
You need to set up NAT or IP Masquerading on your Linux box. What distro are you running?

thats right, i compleatly forgot about that, im running fedora core 3 i guess i need too update my sig, ill see if i can remember how too set up ip masq

Back