• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad floppy cable yields 15+ floppies in the trash!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
I don't know if any of you remember, but a few months ago I made a thread about some problem I was having with my floppies, and how everytime I put a floppy into one of my computers that it killed the floppy. When I eventually took the floppy out of the computer that couldn't read it I would then try it in ANY other computer and get this message:
floppy.jpg

Well, I figured out the problem, and it ended up being a dead floppy cable. I don't know if it may have moved a little bit out of its place, or had just been dead, but I didn't want to take a chance with it again. I threw that piece of junk out, and now I use my new round floppy cable.

I wanted to create this thread to let people know that if you have problems with good floppies that cannot read in a specific computer then STOP trying new floppies b/c you're basically throwing them out every time you put it into that drive. After the floppy doesn't work in a system try it in another system. If you get the same error as the image I posted in here then you probably have a bad floppy cable (or it's not in right). Just get a new floppy cable and you'll see your problem go away (as long as you don't put it backwards).

I'm going to throw out about 18 floppies right now. It's good that they aren't expensive like they used to be back in the day.

Back