• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling on a budget.. need help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverbreez

Registered
Hey guys :shrug:

Been sifting through the mounds of sticky's and posts about all this stuff.. I am new to WC and have a tight budget of about $100 give or take 20-30$
the reason i'm switching to water is that i'm just annnoyed with the wind-tunnel sound i got going with my 6+ case fans I need help on where to get parts for the following set up for cheap:

AMD XP3200+ Waterblock
Gpu Waterblock for Radeon 9500
radiator
pump and tubing

I'm running a T-line system without a Res.. as per guidance here on the forums.. I have no water sys set up atm.. and am looking for the best parts for my money without wasting it on a crappy kit I do not overclock my CPU bc i think my nf-7 is maxed on it speed-wise (XP3200) but i do have my 9500 screaming with a overclock and want to prolong it's life as long as possible by keeping it cool :D :shrug:

Last edited:
I got a heatercore from a local junk yard for $6. Just leak-check. Clean up a bit and you got a nice heater core dirt cheap.

check out dangerden.com they can be a bit expensive but they got some chip kits that you can go with.

I've checked Danger Den out but i can't get what i want there for under 200$ which is out of my price range :(

Silverbreez said:
I've checked Danger Den out but i can't get what i want there for under 200$ which is out of my price range :(
see this is what happens... build something cheap! then expand on it. i had a 300 budget. but i'm trying to lower as much as i can but keep the same or similar performance

Back