• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID0 defragment error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevincloch

Hello,

I have two SATA Maxtor 200GB HDD in RAID 0 configuration, on a silicon image 3114 chipset. This Array doesn't hold the OS.
I started a defragmentation in windowsxp on that array (disk R:).
The defragmentation stalled at the begining of the procedure.
Now WindowsXP doesn't recognize the disk anymore. I can see disk R: in windows explorer, but the error I get is the following: cannot connect to disk.

In the BIOS of the Silicon Image chipset, the RAID0 is still configured and doesn't report errors

In WindowsXP the Disk Management in computer management doesn't see the disk. Last year, when I setup the windows xp installation, I used Disk Management to activatie the Raid Array and gave it a driveletter.

Can someone explain what has happend and how I can regain access to this drive without losing data.

For the moment I am working on a WinPe CD with the Raid Drivers on it, to see if a clean windowsXP installation will make the drive accessible.

Already many thanks to everyone that can help me.

Kevin

Back