• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there no way i can squeze anymore juice out of my sempron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koolm1ke

Registered
im runnin a biostar m7ncg400 mb, with 400mhz FSB,with 256mg kingston ddr pc2700 ddr 333 ram, 2200+=1500.ghz sempron processor. im trying to o/c it.
in my bios i have my fsb set to 200mhz and muti at 10x, memory setting at 166 mhz, timin settings at 4-2-2-2.0, my cpu volt core is at 1.750v, dram at stock setting 2.5. im only posting a speed of 1800ghz, and should be getting 2.0ghz. what is my problem????? someone help me please it's driving me nutz.

Already told you the reason in the other thread - dont you believe me? A) the multi is locked B) running the FSB and RAM out of sync hurts your performance more than the gain in mhz.
You gain only increase via FSB and your RAM limits how far you can overclock because its PC2700 and rated to 166FSB (though perhaps capable of 180+ depending on its quality)

BTW your Sempron is a 1.5Ghz processor (9 x 166) I assume you are aware of that? Thats said better ram would give you a cpu capable of 2GHz (assuming the mobo can run at 220FSB)

If you wanna squeze anymore juice out of that machine get some more RAM. 256MB is just pathetic even if you could OC that thing 300%.

yea i know that

i just went back in and reset my fsb to 225, and my memory to 180, now im getting 2.025ghz, but i have to leave my multi setting at 10x, why can't i run it at 9 or default and it not post? it will only post at 10x multi, with 10x225 i should be getting 2.250ghz, but i can't cause of the lock. still makes no since why i cant post with what it's acctually multiplied by. anyway thought i whould share this info. as for the ram, i plan on getting some more. sorry i don't have enough to please u whatever ur name was :eh?:

Like the other poster said. Don't run your memory with a multiplier. If it ran at 225mhz as well, you would be doing 2.250 ghz....... Go 1:1. If it won't post, you need more volts, or your memory is not capable of 450fsb...... Your cpu is locked, so changing the cpu multi is not gonna work. Good luck....Iron.

Back