• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 or 6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a little tougher to call now. I believe that an x800 will outperform a 6600gt, but I am not sure. A 6600gt only has 8 pipes as compared to the x800's 12 pipes (if I am not mistaken), and this should put the x800 in front even though it has lower clock speeds.

I just checked a few reviews, and from what I gather the x800 will outperform the 6600gt by about 20%+. Since the prices are almost identical I would suggest you get the x800.

maxio098ui said:
so even tho the clockspeeds on the x800 are lower it is better?
o and what is the best 6600gt on the market

Yes, the extra pixel pipelines on the x800 make up for the deficiency in clockspeed.

From what I have heard and read, XFX seems to make the best 6600gt's.

maxio098ui said:
so even tho the clockspeeds on the x800 are lower it is better?
ATI/NVIDIA clocks arent really comparable, as their cores are structured differently and they have different architectures. kinda like AMD/Intel

There will always be next gen stuff on the horizon. I think it will take a while before the mid range cards are available for the new gen anyhow not to mention the way launches in the past have gone with availability. The only reason to get the 6600 over the x800 would be if you planned on using sli. I know the x800's can use crossfire, but its spec's are unsure as to if it will need an ati chipset. The x800 is looking like your best bet.

Back