• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wont turn on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

i have this 800mhz computer that is having problems. when i press the on button it turns on, the fans spin for a split second then it shuts off. what could be wrong?

its a Qulit-y 800mhz P3, 256mb ram,40 gig hdd. i forgot i had it and i found it in my storage again. i want to set it up for folding. i thought it was the PSU too so i hooked it up to a generic 400watt test psu i had still no go.

anyone? i really wanna get this thing folding soon haha

i tested the CPU on another board and it works. the ram too. im guessing its the mobo. do they still sell pentuim 3 boards?

You might want to check that there aren't any issues with a stray screw having become trapped between the mobo and the mobo-tray, or something like that before you buy a new one :)

Sounds like the motherboard to me too. You might also want to check your local pc repair shops for used P-III boards.

i tried starting it without it being the case still no go. im going to try to find a mobo that is almost the same as this one. since this is a weird case, not your average atx.
DSC000562Medium.jpg

DSC00058Medium.jpg

Back